Over the years we have received so much support from so many different people and organizations, we want to say a big thank you to all of them – read on who they are.
The majority of the groups that Wild Things works with are supporting children and young people in need from marginalised groups in society, who are affected by multiple barriers to social, emotional and educational well being. These barriers the children face usually mean that the children cannot access experiences in the natural world.
Wild Things is committed to finding the support and funding necessary to get these children and young people out to the woods, and give them the chance to experience all the benefits this can bring.
Below is a far from complete list of the funds and organisations that have made it possible for us to continue our campaign for over 20 years. If we have left you off our list by mistake, please let us know and we will add you on!
Thanks To All The Following:
– All those who have volunteered their time and energy to Wild Things over the years – you have made it all possible!
– All the teachers, teaching assistants and play and youth workers who have supported us and our work in their settings,
– Bestwood Country Park and all those who work there and have worked there in the past) – time at Bestwood has had a magical and long lasting effect on so many children from Inner City Nottingham. Your on-going support has been incredible….,
– The Grith Pioneers (who care for the incredible Shining Cliff Woods, in Derbyshire, where Wild Things runs our Derbyshire based programmes),
-Nottingham Community Foundation (who advise, support and patiently hold our hands through the majority of our funding applications to the small local funds they administer)
– Foundation Derbyshire (who have given us so much support during our applications to local Derbyshire funds!)
– Amber Valley Voluntary Services
– All the donations we have received – you know who you are – thank you!!!
And the following funders:
Open Gate Community Fund
The Gerard Pearse Family Fund
The Thomas Farr Charity
The R & J Gardner Charitable Trust
The Jones 1986 Charitable Trust
The CAF Corona Virus Emergency Fund
The Coronavirus Community Support Fund (National Lottery Community Fund)
Derbyshire High Sheriff